Interested in becoming more involved in your community?
Need volunteer hours for credit towards your graduation?
Wish that there was something you could do to help a child in need?
Have you ever thought about becoming a volunteer?
Many ways to get involved
In addition to our permanent staff, help is always needed to provide the best programming possible for those we serve. Without dependable, hard-working, and caring volunteers we could not offer the hundreds of events and activities each year serving thousands.
AbilityPoint offers unique volunteering opportunities for citizens like you to join in the challenge to support the activities for persons of all ages who have some form of a developmental disability. Here are just some of the ways you can be involved.
- Chaperone evening & weekend activities: dances, mini tours, horseback riding, and sporting events
- Assist at YESS, a 9-week summer program for students 5-21. Help us with our Thursday lunches.
- Assist at Camp Pride, a week-long summer residential camp for adults
- Provide snacks and cookies during the year
Groups and Organizations
- Provide volunteers or sponsor one of 600 yearly activities and events
- Invite The Pride Performers to perform and share their stories with your group Hold fundraisers: i.e. Jean Day or other fun activities
- AbilityPoint’s Lights – Drive through our amazing light display. Volunteers are needed Oct through Nov to set up and nightly during this multi-day event
- Eat. Drink. Give. Enjoy! (EDGE)- Assist with collecting items & running the event
- AbilityPoint’s Lights – Drive thru Holiday light display: weekends and evenings…More Details
- Thankful Feast – Serving a Thanksgiving meal to group home clients
- Trunk or Treat – Neighborhood Trick or Treat Carnival event
- Inclusion Day Activities- Assist in getting sponsors and working the events
- Cars for Charities Rod & Customs Car Show – Attend this great family event hosted by Cars for Charities! Proceeds benefit AbilityPoint and Starkey